Monday, July 1, 2013

Texas, Ohio, and my daughter's rights

I know I haven't written much in this particular blog for a long time, but that is because I was focusing more on my blog that is more religiously based. However, the issues surrounding the stripping away of rights from women in favor of the unborn (and not yet viable) is just a symptom of a greater problem in my eyes. The problem is one of systematically trying to CONTROL women through their reproductive systems.

This is a battle that has been fought before and for well more than a century. This is a battle that as women, we CANNOT afford to lose. Yes, I freely admit to being a housewife and mother, but that is because of CHOICE and I refuse to see the ability to choose differently be systematically stripped away from my daughter.

THIS is one of the reasons I find the decision recently made in Ohio to be so abhorrent and am watching what is going on in Texas with both a sense of growing hope AND growing dread. I am also glad to live in a state where more progressive values hold sway in the halls of power......

No comments:

Post a Comment